Over the next few days (depending on the interaction time line) I am going to present on ongoing discussion with a Tea Party advocate and historian. I met the author of "Tea Party: American Revolution 2.0, Silent Majority Silent No More, Robin Rohr, on Facebook during a discussion on global warming. After a long back and forth, in which she accused me of being a socialist (which I gladly claimed) I asked her if I could start up a conversation with her. She agreed and I felt it would be interesting to let others participate. Thus the start of this series of blog posts.
How long it last will be up to Robin and any outside participation. I have a series of questions and discussion points I am posting and I will copy Robins answers in a followup blog post. I am also open to suggestions for more topics for those that want to jump in.
Here is the list:
1. Taxes (since this is the supposed lead issue of the Tea Party)
2. The Health Care Bill
3. Progressivism and the "ruin of American values"
4. The road to our current financial situation.
5. The growth of the Conservative Movement
I am preparing my first post tonight and hope to have it posted by Tuesday morning at the latest.
* In case you want to know the mood of the facebook discussion, this will give you an idea:
"Sue - it's obvious that you are a dedicated socialist and promoter of their agenda. You may sincerely believe the lies of the Left, but that doesn't make them true. As a recovering liberal myself, I know how hard it is to accept that you've been lied into believing untruth. When your base belief is in man instead of Our Creator, you open yourself to many errors. I pray your mind will one day be open to receive the Universal Truth." Here's the link to the entire discussion if you care to peruse: http://www.facebook.com/#!/gsimon/posts/201652023192272
No comments:
Post a Comment